Dr Diana Karamacoska is a cognitive neuroscientist that examines the effects of lifestyle medicine on brain health. In 2019, she was appointed Postdoctoral Research Fellow working in the area of dementia at the NICM Health Research Institute in Australia. She is also a consultant and training service provider for institutes and staff involved in clinical trial interventions. Dr Karamacoska is passionate about connecting people with research opportunities and raising awareness for disease prevention, risk reduction, and strategies to improve quality of life and care.
Scroll down to view information about research projects, consulting services, upcoming events, and more.
Dr Diana Karamacoska began her career at the University of Wollongong, Australia, where she was awarded both her Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) and Doctor of Philosophy (with Examiners' Commendation for Outstanding Thesis). Her research was conducted at the Brain & Behaviour Research Institute under the supervision of Prof Robert Barry and A/Prof Genevieve Steiner, in the field of psychophysiology and neuroscience. She now works at NICM Health Research Institute, specialising in neuroscience, ageing and dementia, and healthy living. Dr Karamacoska frequently showcases her research at conferences and community events around Australia. Click here to view upcoming events.
Dr Diana Karamacoska is dedicated to designing and conducting high quality clinical trials and neuroscientific research. This is why she became an accredited Good Clinical Practice (GCP) trainer and research auditor. Her introductory and refresher GCP training workshops are available on-demand, as are her consulting and auditing services.
- Mon, 13 Septhttps://www.eventbrite.com/e/dementia-onlin
- Tue, 15 JuneBankstown Sports Club15 June 2021, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm AESTBankstown Sports Club, 8 Greenfield Parade, Bankstown NSW 2200, AustraliaCanterbury Bankstown Council, in partnership with The Multicultural Network and CASS Care, invites you to the 2021 Seniors Wellbeing and Safety Seminar. This event is sponsored by The Sports Club.
- Tue, 05 MayCampbelltown05 May 2020, 10:00 amCampbelltown, 91 Queen St, Campbelltown NSW 2560, AustraliaToo many of us consider being forgetful as part of ageing! Dementia is NOT a normal part of ageing and we should not be afraid to ask those tricky questions and talk about it. Let’s create a world where we can talk and support those with dementia!
- Mon, 04 MayWollondilly Library04 May 2020, 10:00 am AESTWollondilly Library, 42 Menangle St, Picton NSW 2571, AustraliaToo many of us consider being forgetful as part of ageing! Dementia is NOT a normal part of ageing and we should not be afraid to ask those tricky questions and talk about it. Let’s create a world where we can talk and support those with dementia!
- Sun, 12 AprBoronia Park12 Apr 2020, 10:00 am AESTBoronia Park, Boronia Ave, Epping NSW 2121, AustraliaYour body and brain health matters! Come along to this workshop where you'll learn the art of tai chi and engage in a conversation about dementia prevention with Dr Diana Karamacoska. English and Chinese speaking people are invited to come; interpreters will be present on the day.
GET IN TOUCH
Got any questions about Diana Karamacoska's research or want to get in touch about her consulting services? Submit your details in the form to the right or send through an email.